O is for … Ownership
Let’s start today’s blog post by asking you a few questions:
How much ownership are you taking of your life?
Do you blame others? Are you in control of your life?
Are you happy in life where you are? Do you want more from life?
You do realise it’s only you that can make those changes … no-one else but you …
Do you feel a bit lost though? Not sure how to start taking ownership of your life when there’s so much hustle and bustle … life is busy and that’s why we have to take control and make sure we’re living the life we deserve .
To help you on your ownership path, I’ve put together a 5-Step Plan that will definitely help you on your way to owning your life.
5 STEP PLAN
1/ Do something for at least 30 minutes a day (preferably an hour if you can) that is for you, i.e. Develop a passion, read, exercise, take a walk, bake – anything that makes you feel like you are looking after yourself.
2/ Start writing a journal. I’m a huge advocate for therapeutic writing. It was something I learned when studying for my MA in Creative Writing, and realised I’d actually been doing this all my life. Even when I’m writing fiction I’m expressing something inside of me (which you’ll find with most writers). But when you start journalling you’ll allow a release of any pent-up negativity. Write down the things that have made you sad or angry and why you feel that way. By writing this down it allows you to reflective on these negative emotions, don’t dwell on them … release them. It will also allow you reflect back in weeks, months and years to come as you move yourself forward and take ownership of your life. It is also essential to write down the good things that have happened in your day too … see next step as to why the good things matter, more so than the bad things.
3/ Once you start writing down the good things in your life you can start to appreciate what you have around you and within you. Start writing down 5 things you are grateful for every day and watch how you’ll find more things to be grateful for. You bring to your life what you focus on, so although it’s good to write down the negativity you are feeling, this is a way of release, focuses on the good in your life will bring you more good. It’s the basic LAw of Attraction and is easier said than done, but once you start writing down those thoughts you’ll see the magic happen.
4/ Write a plan about where you would like to be this time next year – put together a 12 month schedule. Write what you would like to achieve in each month. At the end of each month review … you will move forward so much faster if you have a plan.
5/ Read something spiritual or inspirational for 30 minutes every day. This is best either first thing on a morning or last thing at night.
You deserve to get the best out of life, so go and get it 🙂
Thank you as always for visiting, wishing you lots of love.
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Express Yourself To Feel Alive – A to Z Inspirational Blog; X=Ex is for Express with Express Quotes and Therapeutic Writing
- Are You Willing Enough To Achieve Your Goals? – A to Z Inspirational Blog; W is for Willing with Willingness Quotes and Therapeutic Writing
- How To Concentrate On Your Victories, Not Your Defeats – A to Z Inspirational Blog; V is for Victory with Victorious Quotes and Therapeutic Writing
- How To Let Your Uniqueness Shine – A to Z Inspirational Blog; U is for Unique with Quotes on Uniqueness and Therapeutic Writing
- How To Start Thriving In Life – A to Z Inspirational Blog; T is for Thrive with Quotes on Thriving and Therapeutic Writing
- How To Ask Angels For Help – A to Z Inspirational Blog; A is for Angels with Angel Quotes and Therapeutic Writing on
- Inspirational Word of the Week: APPRECIATION – Top 10 Appreciation Quotes on
- Inspirational Words: How To Manifest Your Dreams Through Excitement on
- Inspirational Words: How to get what you want from the Universe on
- L is for ‘Law of Attraction’ on
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- October 2016
- September 2016
- April 2016
- February 2016
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- January 2015
- November 2014
- October 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- September 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- July 2009
- May 2009
- December 2008