M is for Meditation
I have such a busy and active mind, to a point where unless I have my to-do list, shopping list and random other lists it doesn’t get done.
So when the idea of meditation came up I really loved the thought of this relaxing technique, but really didn’t think I could quieten my mind. I really thought there is no way in this world, I can think about nothing!
How wrong could I be?
If you’ve not tried meditating, if you’re one of those people, like me, who would swear blind it’s just not going to happen. Think again!
Because it’s not about thinking about ‘nothing’, it’s about looking within and finding your inner peace.
I first experienced meditation in a class environment, it was lovely and I felt so refreshed and renewed for days after. However, I then discovered meditation apps; Headspace and Calm. Both are amazing for really chilling the mind.
By focusing on your breathing, it’s amazing how even those with busy minds can actually distract away from the active overload of thinking about too much. The best part is, the usual busy mind becomes more focused.
It’s the strangest but most loveliest feeling to feel at one with your body.
I love this article by Zen Habits, which tells us,
‘Beginners must understand that meditation is an ACTIVE process.
The art of focusing your attention to a single point is hard work, and you have to be purposefully engaged!’
So for those who like hard work and a challenge, meditation is definitely for you …
So whether you’re too busy or too skeptical, mediation is a must for you all.
And as a final thought of the week …
If you’d like to hear more about my inspirational quotes, please click here www.victoria-brown.com and simply sign-up to my newsletter and receive a free copy of the 2015 Daily Inspirational Quotes and Weekly Tasks Book.
Thank you as always for visiting, wishing you lots of love.
- How to Ask your Angels for Help – A to Z Inspirational Blog; A is for Angels with Angel Quotes
- Inspirational Word of the Week: ZING – Top 10 Zing Quotes
- Inspirational Word of the Week: YOUNG – Top 10 Young Quotes
- Inspirational Word of the Week: EXCITEMENT – Top 10 Excitement Quotes
- Inspirational Word of the Week: WELCOME – Top 10 Welcome Quotes
- Inspirational Word of the Week: APPRECIATION – Top 10 Appreciation Quotes on
- Inspirational Words: How To Manifest Your Dreams Through Excitement on
- Inspirational Words: How to get what you want from the Universe on
- L is for ‘Law of Attraction’ on
- How to Ask your Angels for Help – A to Z Inspirational Blog; A is for Angels with Angel Quotes on
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- October 2016
- September 2016
- April 2016
- February 2016
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- January 2015
- November 2014
- October 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- September 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- July 2009
- May 2009
- December 2008