L is for ‘Law of Attraction’
Why do I believe in the Law of Attraction (LOA)?
Because it works for me!
But what is the LOA?
“The law of attraction is the name given to the term that “like attracts like”
and that by focusing on positive or negative thoughts,
one can bring about positive or negative results” wiki
For many years, I had a very ‘woe is me’ attitude. I wasn’t happy in my job, I didn’t have enough money, there were problems with family relationships. I kind of, like many people, grew up wanting more! Always wanting more, never happy with what I had, always focusing on what I didn’t have in my life rather than what I did have!
Because of this reason, I was unhappy, felt trapped and felt my life wasn’t the way I’d planned. It wasn’t all I dreamed, because, as the above says, ‘What you imagine, you become.’ I was creating a miserable life for myself.
I obviously didn’t realise this, as I knew nothing about the LOA, but when I discovered it, everything changed. I mean instantly, like magic overnight. I suddenly understood why bad things kept happening, and trust me they did! From healthy worries, money worries to relationship worries … they just kept getting worse. Until a point in my life, where I gave up. I felt as if nothing more could happen that could make me more unhappy.
It was around this time a friend recommended, ‘The Secret’. To be honest I had heard of it before, but ignored it. Little did I realise it was coming into my life for a reason. Little did I realise if I’d watched it sooner I would have lifted my energy sooner and the bad things wouldn’t have spiralled out of control!
My husband and I watched the DVD and I remember feeling so down, like my life was not going to be solved by a DVD! Little did I realise how much we were both on self-destruct! We watched it a few times, taking in all that the secret had to reveal. It was so powerful! We kept looking at each other and nodding, it totally fitted our life.
Now, don’t get me wrong, we weren’t totally convinced, but what did we have to lose by looking at what we did have? What did we have to lose by looking for the positives in our life? What did we have to lose by seeking out gratitude and love? What did we have to lose by choosing to think about life a bit differently? This was simple: NOTHING! There was nothing to lose by following this very simple rule!
I knew we had to change things, dramatically. We couldn’t keep thinking the way we did, expecting these bad things to happen to us. I couldn’t sleep with worry, I felt sick at the thought of living through the day and our future. Once the secret had entered our life. That’s when I started my collection of inspirational quotes – 1000’s upon 1000’s of them on a spreadsheet. Truly believing in every single one.
I can honestly say, we’ve never looked back. We have successful businesses, we have a happy family life and we don’t dwell on the negative influences that may enter into our life, which isn’t very often. Well, we don’t see bad things as negative, we see them as opportunities, for us to deal with in the best way we can. If it does occur, we look at our level of thinking and within seconds we can turn it around, if we need to. Often it’s the universe telling us that’s not the right track for us.
I swear it’s that simple, once you know how!
You may not be able to work towards your highest energy straight away, and it can take time, however, it truly works. Once you start this way of thinking, you’ll start watching others around you. You’ll notice how people think, their reactions, the way little things keep happening to them, good and bad depending on their attitude to life.
It really is like magic.
One of my favourite laws is showing and feeling love! If you can adapt love into your life, you’ll ease away those negative thoughts like the poison that they are. Feeling love for your life, yourself and others is a great way to ensure you have a happy life.
If you’d like to know more about the LOA, I would definitely recommend, ‘The Secret’ as your starting point. I’ve read many more LOA books, and constantly read any spiritual or positive guides that fall my way, but if you’re wanting to get started on the LOA, this is a great book.
Wishing you all the love in the world when it comes to finding the truth about happiness.
If you’d like to hear more about my inspirational quotes, please click here www.victoria-brown.com and simply sign-up to my newsletter and receive a free copy of the 2015 Daily Inspirational Quotes and Weekly Tasks Book.
Thank you as always for visiting, wishing you lots of love.
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- How To Start Thriving In Life – A to Z Inspirational Blog T is for Thrive with Quotes on Thriving and Therapeutic Writing
- Follow Your Soul And Live A Divine Life – A to Z Inspirational Blog; S is for Soul with Soul Quotes and Therapeutic Writing
- Become A More Radiant You; A to Z Inspirational Blog; R is for Radiance with Radiance Quotes and Therapeutic Writing
- The Key To A Peaceful Life Is A Quiet Mind – A to Z Inspirational Blog; Q is for Quiet with Quiet Quotes and Therapeutic Writing
- How To Find Your Inner Peace – A to Z Inspirational Blog; P is for Peace with Peace Quotes and Therapeutic Writing
- How To Ask Angels For Help – A to Z Inspirational Blog; A is for Angels with Angel Quotes and Therapeutic Writing on
- Inspirational Word of the Week: APPRECIATION – Top 10 Appreciation Quotes on
- Inspirational Words: How To Manifest Your Dreams Through Excitement on
- Inspirational Words: How to get what you want from the Universe on
- L is for ‘Law of Attraction’ on
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- October 2016
- September 2016
- April 2016
- February 2016
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- January 2015
- November 2014
- October 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- September 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- July 2009
- May 2009
- December 2008