Inspirational Words: How to change negative thoughts to positive thoughts
This week’s positive word
on our A-Z Inspirational Journey …
T is for
It was the concept that our thoughts create our reality that initially got me interested in the Law of Attraction, which was many many many years ago. Now being a Law of Attraction Practitioner, (which led to me becoming an NLP Practitioner), this concept is second nature.
When I first started to learn about the Law of Attraction, I didn’t think it could be so easy. I mean, think about it, anything we think about can be created … it sounds like something out of a sci-fi movie, doesn’t it? But imagine my excitement when I found it works! It actually works! The Universe will deliver whatever you think about most. It seems so simple, why not try it out …
Ok, in reality it’s not so simple. Most people have jam-packed lives, they are busy running from one place to another, either for themselves, family or friends, there’s always some place to be or something that needs to be done. Sometimes the treadmill of life doesn’t give room for positive thoughts, or in reality we don’t allow ourselves to think positively as we worry about certain aspects of our life. But trust me, even when you’re in the depths of despair you can do this. You can think positive thougths and lift your vibration levels so that you can receive positive things.
Start tracking your thoughts, see how many times YOU DO complain in 24 hrs! When you do, STOP those thoughts in their tracks. Don’t let your thoughts rollercoaster through your mind without you taking much notice, start to understand what your main thoughts are and how you can relate them to your life. For example: Are your thoughts about lack of money, creating that minus in your bank balance? Is the lack of love in your friendships/relationships, because you think about how much you’re unloved? What is your main focus? What do you think about the most?
Here’s this therapeutic creative writing exercise:
HOW TO CHANGE NEGATIVE THOUGHTS TO POSITIVE THOUGHTS
- Start writing down your main thoughts either as you are going through your day or at the end of the day?
- What is the main thing on your mind at the moment?
- Are you excited about anything?
- If you are, this will be lifting your thoughts to a higher level … have you noticed that other things in your life seem to be going to plan?
- Are you worried about something?
- Feeling sad, under-the-weather etc? If this is the case, where is this leading your thoughts?
- Think about how your thoughts are related to the life you are leading at the moment.
Another good exercise is to look at the people around you: do those who are plaqued with constant issues and problems whine much? Do those who seem to bounce through life, seem to do just that … bounce through life? You’ve heard the saying, ‘They could fall in a pile of s**t and come our smelling of roses!’ When you start taking notice, you will find that these people aren’t merely lucky, they are positive happy people, they give their all to their life and don’t let any negativity they may be faced with influence their thoughts. Some people naturally are positive thinkers, but most have to work at it, because it’s easier to look at what you haven’t got rather than what you have.
Once you’ve done the tracking of your thoughts exercise, look at what it is that’s worrying you and for each particular aspect, re-write the sentence and start to use it as an affirmation. Affirmations are amazing at helping to change your thoughts to positive without forcing. So for example: If you are wanting to be promoted, are you feeling bitter because you feel overlooked & not worthy. Start by telling yourself, ‘I am amazing at my job and I deserve promotion. I will take steps to ensure I am given a promotion.’ Doing affirmations in the mirror is a great way to instil them. Don’t let any negative thoughts creep in, such as, ‘But my boss hates me,’ ‘I hate my boss,’ ‘Billy from accounts is so much better than me,’ etc. If you feel negative thoughts creeping in, push them aside and tell yourself how amazing you are at your job and your work will soon be recognised.
Positive thinking can take some time if you are not in the best of places mentally, but as soon as you turn your thoughts around you will see the difference in your life. Start looking for the good, start being grateful rather than focusing on the problems and the solutions will start to appear.
Wishing you love, happiness and fulfilment always
If you’d like help in surrounding yourself with positivity, you can download your very own FREE inspirational guide here.
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Surround Yourself With Imagination Quotes To Help Your Dreams Come True on
- Ways To Laugh More; A to Z Inspirational Blog; L is for Laughter with Laughter Quotes and Therapeutic Writing on
- Karma Is Always Working, Watch, Listen And Learn – A to Z Inspirational Blog; K is for Karma with Karma Quotes and Therapeutic Writing on
- Take The Jump And Ignore The Fear; A to Z Inspirational Blog; J is for Jump with Jump Quotes and Therapeutic Writing on
- Use Your Imagination To Live The Life You Dream About: A to Z Inspirational Blog; I is for Imagination with Imagination Quotes and Therapeutic Writing on
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- October 2016
- September 2016
- April 2016
- February 2016
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- January 2015
- November 2014
- October 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- September 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- July 2009
- May 2009
- December 2008