Inspirational Words: How To Increase Your Appreciation In Life
Welcome to 2017 …
What are your plans for the year ahead?
Did you make some New Years Resolutions?
To get you started on a New Year, I decided to kick the year off with another A-Z Inspirational Journey … These words I hope to focus on this year and we will keep coming back to them after this A-Z with inspiring, motivational quotes to keep you going throughout the year.
So, let’s start this A-Z Inspirational Journey
and this week’s positive word is …
A is for
‘Appreciation will lead to more things to appreciate in your life’
I’m a huge believer in appreciating everything in life. I will be using positive words throughout this A-Z inspirational blog, that relate to being thankful, because it’s one of the most important attributes in attracting more of those things in your life that you love. You can see here, a previous blog that I did last year: G is for Gratitude.
There’s more to appreciating your life than simply saying, ‘Thank you’. You must truly feel it. There’s no point putting a ‘thank you’ out there in hope that the universe will believe you, especially if you don’t feel thankful, because if you don’t believe it, how on earth can anyone else. Emotions and feelings are key!
Many, many years back when I was introduced to the Law of Attraction I was a ‘glass half-empty’ type of girl, thankfully those days are LONG GONE. Now, I’m more than a ‘glass half-full’ girlie … Now, I’m a ‘glass half-full looking for people who are thirsty’ girlie.
The reason many people are unhappy in their lives is because they want MORE! And that’s ok … it’s ok to want more from life, to want to strive ahead in this world and make a better life for yourself and your family. It’s great to have that determination … but what will make those goals easier to achieve is appreciating how far you’ve already come. Appreciate what you’ve already achieved.
So, do you appreciate what you already have? How often do you look at your life and feel deeply grateful for what you actually have? When you reach that point … it can actually make you cry! True appreciation is a blessing.
Here’s a passage from The Secret, by Dr. Joe Vitale
So if you’re reading this and thinking, I don’t have anything to appreciate … look at what Dr Joe Vitale says, ‘… it might be that you have the eyes to read this.’
Here’s the first of this A-Z inspirational journey’s self-reflective therapeutic creative writing exercise for you:
HOW TO START APPRECIATING THINGS MORE:
Firstly, sit down and relax, in a quiet space where you can’t be disturbed.
Now imagine the following:
Your life without your loved ones.
No roof over your head.
Being so hungry and not knowing where the next piece of food is coming from.
Harsh … but try your hardest to imagine being there.
Secondly, now think about these things coming back into your life and think about how you would be lost without them.
It’s time to show gratitude for all the things you have in your life that you don’t want to lose.
Put your hands together and really feel true appreciation from your heart.
Say aloud, ‘Thank you for my wonderful children, partner, parents etc.’ Say thank you for those you truly love.
‘Thank you for my amazing home that surrounds me with warmth.’
‘Thank you for the food that enables me to live.’
Now write down all the things you appreciate in your life. Everything you just said aloud, write it down. Keep this list with you.
For the next week, write down daily something you appreciate in your day. This week is about appreciating everything in your life. Look at what you have and not what you don’t and write it down. Keep writing down those thoughts and instil the appreciation within.
When I first started understanding the Law of Attraction I would keep a journal. I would write down 10 things every day that I was grateful for. This is an amazing way to see instant results and turn your attitude around. If you can think of 10 things to write down that you appreciate, you’ll start seeing massive changes in your life.
I appreciate that I’m healthy enough to write and search for these wonderful quotes, so that I can inspire others to be the best they can be. I love the following quote. I appreciate that I have the energy to put the effort in 🙂
I appreciate those who make an effort with me 🙂
Wishing you love, happiness and fulfilment always
If you’d like help in surrounding yourself with positivity, you can download your very own FREE inspirational guide here.
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Express Yourself To Feel Alive – A to Z Inspirational Blog; X=Ex is for Express with Express Quotes and Therapeutic Writing
- Are You Willing Enough To Achieve Your Goals? – A to Z Inspirational Blog; W is for Willing with Willingness Quotes and Therapeutic Writing
- How To Concentrate On Your Victories, Not Your Defeats – A to Z Inspirational Blog; V is for Victory with Victorious Quotes and Therapeutic Writing
- How To Let Your Uniqueness Shine – A to Z Inspirational Blog; U is for Unique with Quotes on Uniqueness and Therapeutic Writing
- How To Start Thriving In Life – A to Z Inspirational Blog; T is for Thrive with Quotes on Thriving and Therapeutic Writing
- How To Ask Angels For Help – A to Z Inspirational Blog; A is for Angels with Angel Quotes and Therapeutic Writing on
- Inspirational Word of the Week: APPRECIATION – Top 10 Appreciation Quotes on
- Inspirational Words: How To Manifest Your Dreams Through Excitement on
- Inspirational Words: How to get what you want from the Universe on
- L is for ‘Law of Attraction’ on
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- October 2016
- September 2016
- April 2016
- February 2016
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- January 2015
- November 2014
- October 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- September 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- July 2009
- May 2009
- December 2008