Inspirational Words: How To Embrace Yourself And Your Life
This week’s positive word
on our A-Z Inspirational Journey …
E is for
When you initially saw this blog you may have thought about what ’embracing’ means to you …
Embracing someone, embracing you, embracing your life etc. Well, let’s talk about all those things today.
I want you to ask yourself a question: Do you embrace yourself enough?
Do you truly embrace all that you are? You’ll find not many people do. We all have a child-like persona, the child deep within us that wants to be nurtured. If we look for that nurture from other people how can we truly feel nurtured. The child within us needs to be embraced by ourselves. We need to truly accept and love ourselves to truly love and accept anyone else.
This article from www.tapping.com gives a great overview as to why loving yourself first is so important.
Credit: Quotes Addict
We all have something about ourselves that we don’t like … yes, you’re not the only one who wishes you could improve something about yourself. However, you can either continue to dwell on the bits you wish you could improve, or you can choose to embrace your uniqueness.
Ask yourself when trying to embrace yourself: Would you treat someone else as mean as you treat yourself? Would you criticise someone else as much as you criticise yourself?
Once you can accept yourself and all your flaws, embrace your uniqueness, be proud that there is only one of you 🙂
Embracing yourself will enable you to shine … and what’s even better is you’ll make others feel they can shine too!
Maybe you are finding it hard to move on from a past event … an event in your life that you feel is affecting your present and future. Embracing these past events and learning from them will help you move forward.
Are you unsure how to do this? Do you feel this is easier said than done?
Here’s this week’s therapeutic creative writing exercise:
HOW TO EMBRACE YOURSELF AND YOUR LIFE
1/ Write down the situation, what has happened and what you feel is holding you back.
2/ Write down what has upset you about this situation – why are you upset? What are you feeling?
3/ The most important part of this exercise and this part MUST be done – Write answers to the following questions:
* What you have learned from the situation
* What could you have done differently? If anything …
* What can you do about it now?
* What positive things (there will be plenty) can you take from the situation, experience and how can you use these positives in your future.
Believe that everything happens for a reason. So accepting your past and the reasons why certain events have occurred will help you embrace the future. Dwelling or complaining about situations or events that have occurred can’t make them better, if you understand that you can learn something from everything that happens in your life, you will be able to embrace it and move forward.
One of the most important rules in my house is to embrace each other. Embrace all those around you. Embrace your loved ones like there’s no tomorrow. Embrace them with all that you have.
An embrace can mean so much without even saying anything. I don’t mean, a quick hug, ‘hello’ or a quick hug, ‘goodbye’, a true almighty embrace. Embracing each other can mean more than saying anything at all. Words are not needed, because actions speak louder.
So go on … your mission this week is to embrace …
- Embrace yourself
- Embrace your past
- Embrace your loved ones
GO DO IT … YOU ARE, SIMPLY AMAZING, YOU!
Wishing you love, happiness and fulfilment always
If you’d like help in surrounding yourself with positivity, you can download your very own FREE inspirational guide here.
- INSPIRE YOUR CHILDREN THIS SUMMER
- TATTOO INSPIRED PRINTABLES
- WORLD LAUGHTER DAY! Surround yourself with fun & quirky quotes to help keep you laughing!
- IT’S SPRINGTIME: Tips for those who don’t get a buzz out of cleaning!
- Celebrating International Women’s Day: QUOTES FROM EMPOWERING AND INSPIRATIONAL WOMEN
- Control Your Mind, Don’t Let It Control You – A to Z Inspirational Blog; M is for Mind with Mind Quotes and Therapeutic Writing on
- How To Find Your Inner Peace – A to Z Inspirational Blog; P is for Peace with Peace Quotes and Therapeutic Writing on
- The Key To A Peaceful Life Is A Quiet Mind – A to Z Inspirational Blog; Q is for Quiet with Quiet Quotes and Therapeutic Writing on
- Nourishing Your Mind And Everything Else Will Follow: A to Z Inspirational Blog; N is for Nourish with Nourish Quotes and Therapeutic Writing on
- Ways To Laugh More; A to Z Inspirational Blog; L is for Laughter with Laughter Quotes and Therapeutic Writing on
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- October 2016
- September 2016
- April 2016
- February 2016
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- January 2015
- November 2014
- October 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- September 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- July 2009
- May 2009
- December 2008