Inspirational Words: How To Choose A Better You
This week’s positive word
on our A-Z Inspirational Journey …
C is for
Sometimes we are faced with difficulties in life that we have to either overcome or dwell upon.
But once you understand that life is a journey, and every stop is meant to be, you can choose to embrace the tight bends, the smooth corners, the bumpy roads, the upward hills or the tranquil ride.
If you have read about the Law of Attraction you’ll understand that a tranquil ride will continue to lead to a tranquil ride, whilst a bumpy rollercoaster ride can continue to lead along the same path, this can depend on how you choose to look at your ride.
If you are experiencing some tight bends and bumpy roads at the moment, depending how you choose to think about these life events, will result in the next part of your journey.
This may be hard to comprehend if you feel as if you are stuck in some kind of rut or are facing some true life or health difficulities.
Hope you’re enjoying the therapeutic creative writing exercises, here’s this week’s:
HOW TO CHOOSE A BETTER YOU:
Ask yourself these two questions …
- On a day to day basis do you feel as if you’re plodding through mud?
- Do you look at other peoples’ lives, envy them and look at the bad in your own life?
If you answered yes to the above questions, here could lie the reasons behind the problems you are experiencing in your life.
Now ask yourself these two questions …
- Which part of your life do you feel is running quite smoothly? (One rule with this question – you can’t answer ‘nothing’ – find something! There will be something!)
- When was the last time you did something with LOVE for someone else?
Now write down your thoughts, here you could do some freestyle writing.
Once you’ve done that, read through and highlight which parts are your choice? You should find that most of it is through choice. If not, have another look through, whilst reading think about your thoughts, can you look at things differently? Can you choose your thoughts? Can you choose to look at a situation and see the good in it?
Now start freestyle writing about how life could be, how you wish it could be if you made these changes to your thoughts.
Life is about making choices; to choose to see the good around us or choose to dwell upon which isn’t good. Sometimes we could dislike something so much in our life that it can take over our whole being. For example: how many people HATE their jobs. I don’t like using the would hate. It’s a very strong passionate word that can seep into someone’s bones. There are people who hear their alarm go off on a morning and feel a deep sickly pit at the bottom of their stomach (I know because I was one of them, many many many years ago!). I deeply HATED the jobs I had, I moved from job to job … but every time I moved jobs, I knew I word HATE it! I knew I would hate it because it wasn’t what I wanted to do with my life. I wasn’t fulfilling my dreams by moving from job to job. But as the LOA would tell us, I brought the hate on myself.
If only I’d known that I was simply dreaming of the life I wanted, but not actually doing anything about it and blaming everyone else, circumstance and life in general – I knew what I wanted to do, I knew what I had to do but I would put constant barriers up … excuses!
I chose excuses!
In my jobs I wasn’t appreciated – but then I didn’t really appreciate anyone else. I was envious of those who laughed their way through the day and got promoted!!! How dare they! How can these people who spent much of their time laughing and chatting keep getting promoted – especially over someone like me who came in early, worked through my lunch hour, took work home with me and was more qualified than most of the office!
How could this keep happening? If only I could travel back to those days and give that younger version of me a shake. Although, I do often think I had to go through those thoughts to understand my thoughts now. I’m grateful for the experiences I’ve endured. I choose now to be the most positive, grateful and loving person possible.
I don’t recognise the younger me … it doesn’t even feel like me. I wish I’d known then what I know now about choosing my response to my situation … so much unhappiness leads to more unhappiness.
It’s as simple as this –
Ask yourself two more questions …
- Do you want to be around someone who has the ability to do a particular job or task, but is deterimental to others, to themselves and to life in general?
- Do you want to be around someone who may need to learn a few things, but has the determination, enthusiasm and the zest for life to push themselves forward?
Now ask yourself another question …
Who do you CHOOSE to be?
Although it would be great to go back and give the younger version of my selfish self a ‘good old’ talking to, I also understand all my life events have bought me to where I am today. I have had to experience some awful hard times, but I understand now and it all makes perfect sense. Everything happens for a reason, it’s your choice to understand the reason.
Life is simple when you look at it simply! Life is beautiful! We must choose to see the beauty. Once you see the beauty … it all becomes clear.
Wishing you love, happiness and fulfilment always
If you’d like help in surrounding yourself with positivity, you can download your very own FREE inspirational guide here.
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Express Yourself To Feel Alive – A to Z Inspirational Blog; X=Ex is for Express with Express Quotes and Therapeutic Writing
- Are You Willing Enough To Achieve Your Goals? – A to Z Inspirational Blog; W is for Willing with Willingness Quotes and Therapeutic Writing
- How To Concentrate On Your Victories, Not Your Defeats – A to Z Inspirational Blog; V is for Victory with Victorious Quotes and Therapeutic Writing
- How To Let Your Uniqueness Shine – A to Z Inspirational Blog; U is for Unique with Quotes on Uniqueness and Therapeutic Writing
- How To Start Thriving In Life – A to Z Inspirational Blog; T is for Thrive with Quotes on Thriving and Therapeutic Writing
- How To Ask Angels For Help – A to Z Inspirational Blog; A is for Angels with Angel Quotes and Therapeutic Writing on
- Inspirational Word of the Week: APPRECIATION – Top 10 Appreciation Quotes on
- Inspirational Words: How To Manifest Your Dreams Through Excitement on
- Inspirational Words: How to get what you want from the Universe on
- L is for ‘Law of Attraction’ on
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- October 2016
- September 2016
- April 2016
- February 2016
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- January 2015
- November 2014
- October 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- September 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- July 2009
- May 2009
- December 2008