Inspirational Words: How To Become A More Generous Person – To Others And Yourself
This week’s positive word
on our A-Z Inspirational Journey …
G is for
When you think of the word generous, what springs to mind?
Only rich people can be generous?
NO! This is SO not true.
But some people think if they only have little to give, they can’t give at all … this is so far from the truth!
You don’t have to have a lot to be generous, you just need to be willing to give, especially when someone needs it. There’s no better feeling than helping someone in need. There are so many selfish and self-centered people in the world … do you think you are one of them? Ask yourself: Do I dwell on my own unfair life? When was the last time I helped someone? When was the last time I did something for someone but I expected something in return? When was the last time I felt grateful? Answer those questions and then ask yourself again: Am I one of the world’s selfish and self-centered people?
Here’s this week’s therapeutic creative writing exercise:
Before you answer the questions below, read them to yourself, without writing anything down. Then read the ‘5 Ways that will help you live a more generous life’. Once you have done that read the below questions again, write down your answers, if it help to freestyle write, go ahead. Get your thoughts on your generosity expressed.
- Write down how generous you are at the moment, what do you do for others?
- Write down if you feel you can make any improvements?
- Write down how generous you are to yourself? Would you treat others the way you treat yourself?
- Write down a step by step plan on either being more generous to others, or more generous to yourself.
Here’s 5 Ways that will help you live a more generous life
- Spend time with generous people – If you understand the law of attraction, you will understand that the more people you spend time with who are generous, you too will become as generous. You will learn their ways and how being generous comes naturally to them and the rewards they reap are insurmountable. If YOU can’t see the rewards, ask a generous person how it feels to give and not get anything back? Watch how they describe how they feel complete if they can help another person in any way.
- Be grateful – Gratefulness leads to happiness, which naturally leads to wanting to show and give to others what you appreciate in your life.
- Read stories about generosity – Read about generous people and see how they give. This could be rich people or poor people, remember giving isn’t always about money.
- Do something for charity – If you haven’t got the funds to give to a good cause, then arrange an event or something similar (for example: the Macmillan Coffee mornings are very popular) – you could do this with a charity that you care about. There will be a charity out there that you can relate to, see how you can help them.
- Give your time – Time is one of the most precious things in our lives. If someone is giving you their time, it’s important to appreciate it. What can you give your time to? Spending it with people in need is one of the most rewarding things you can do with your time. It’s never a waste of time if it’s spent being generous.
Wishing you love, happiness and fulfilment always
If you’d like help in surrounding yourself with positivity, you can download your very own FREE inspirational guide here.
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Express Yourself To Feel Alive – A to Z Inspirational Blog; X=Ex is for Express with Express Quotes and Therapeutic Writing
- Are You Willing Enough To Achieve Your Goals? – A to Z Inspirational Blog; W is for Willing with Willingness Quotes and Therapeutic Writing
- How To Concentrate On Your Victories, Not Your Defeats – A to Z Inspirational Blog; V is for Victory with Victorious Quotes and Therapeutic Writing
- How To Let Your Uniqueness Shine – A to Z Inspirational Blog; U is for Unique with Quotes on Uniqueness and Therapeutic Writing
- How To Start Thriving In Life – A to Z Inspirational Blog; T is for Thrive with Quotes on Thriving and Therapeutic Writing
- How To Ask Angels For Help – A to Z Inspirational Blog; A is for Angels with Angel Quotes and Therapeutic Writing on
- Inspirational Word of the Week: APPRECIATION – Top 10 Appreciation Quotes on
- Inspirational Words: How To Manifest Your Dreams Through Excitement on
- Inspirational Words: How to get what you want from the Universe on
- L is for ‘Law of Attraction’ on
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- October 2016
- September 2016
- April 2016
- February 2016
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- January 2015
- November 2014
- October 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- September 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- July 2009
- May 2009
- December 2008