Inspirational Words: How To Become A Forgiving Person
This week’s positive word
on our A-Z Inspirational Journey …
F is for
Many people waste much of their life holding grudges, despises others and feeling anger towards certain people. It’s such a shame they don’t realise they are only hurting themselves. The negativity they feel towards another is only reflected back to them through the universe.
In my blog posts I like to ask you questions, because it helps to get you thinking about your life and the world that surrounds you.
So, ask yourself …
Do you feel wronged by someone? Do you feel like these feelings are eating you up?
Are you spending too much time dwelling on these emotions?
Do you realise what these emotions are doing to you?
You may feel like you’re being weak for being forgiving, or you may feel as if you are saying it’s okay for people to walk all over you. Lack of forgiveness has the opposite effect. Not forgiving someone can make you weak. It takes up a lot of energy to harbour negative emotions. Forgiving someone will only make you stronger. Move on and away from these negative emotions.
It will enable you to see life from a brighter perspective, learn from the experience and move forward. You can’t move forward when you are dwelling on a negative experience. You must learn to forgive to be truly happy.
When you are in an unforgiving state, you can’t think straight. You are so wrapped up in anger that every time you think of this person ‘it makes your blood boil’. Once the anger calms down, the hurt can set in … ‘how could they do this to me?’
If we are betrayed by those we are closest to, this hurts even more. It can be harder to forgive someone closer to us, but we must learn to forgive to have a happy life. To find peace.
When you are lacking forgiveness against a person you are hurting yourself rather than them. They can’t feel the burning sensation that you have inside of you. The feeling that you have been either fooled, played, not cared about, etc. They can’t feel that. They may be feeling guilty and want your forgiveness, in that case, you must give that forgiveness to move forward.
To move on with your life, you must forgive.
But if they are not understanding why you feel hurt, why you feel so angry, then simply move on. Yes, it is that simple, because you are not hurting them, you are only hurting yourself.
If you’ve been reading my blog posts, you will know that I love therapeutic creative writing exercises to get you thinking, express your emotions which helps to analyse your emotions and feelings. I love therapeutic writing, it can really help when you feel like something is on your mind and churning you over.
This week’s therapeutic creative writing exercise will allow you to unchurn things:
HOW TO BECOME A FORGIVING PERSON
So take a piece of paper and start freestyle writing. In this piece of writing concentrate on the following things:
- What this person has done to you.
- What are you gaining from NOT forgiving them?
- What have you learnt from the situation?
- Imagine thanking this person for enabling you to learn something new.
- How can you move on from here? What steps can you put in place?
- How would it feel to take hold of this situation, bring it close and love the fact that this has happened because you have learnt something new.
- How wonderful would it feel to let this go?
- Describe how you would feel if you could love this experience and move on.
Therapeutic writing is very powerful, it can allow you to shout and scream at the page, then move forward to a different moment. Really take the time to write down your emotions and try to learn from this experience.
Imagine if everything DOES happen for a reason … why do you think this has happened? When you look at things from this perspective you’ll be amazed at the answers you will find.
If you could replace those feelings of anger and negativity with love, imagine how amazing you would feel.
Move on, move forward and move up!
Don’t let your lack of forgiveness stop you achieving amazing things with your life. You will find that others will carry on with their life while you dwell on the unfairness of yours. Don’t be the person who is wasting your life with anger … replace it with love and awesome things will happen!
Wishing you love, happiness and fulfilment always
If you’d like help in surrounding yourself with positivity, you can download your very own FREE inspirational guide here.
Tags: #motivationalmonday, Forgiveness, Forgiveness quotes, Inspirational, Inspirational Blog, Inspirational messages, Inspirational Quotes, Motivational Messages, Motivational Monday, Motivational Quotes
- INSPIRE YOUR CHILDREN THIS SUMMER
- TATTOO INSPIRED PRINTABLES
- WORLD LAUGHTER DAY! Surround yourself with fun & quirky quotes to help keep you laughing!
- IT’S SPRINGTIME: Tips for those who don’t get a buzz out of cleaning!
- Celebrating International Women’s Day: QUOTES FROM EMPOWERING AND INSPIRATIONAL WOMEN
- Control Your Mind, Don’t Let It Control You – A to Z Inspirational Blog; M is for Mind with Mind Quotes and Therapeutic Writing on
- How To Find Your Inner Peace – A to Z Inspirational Blog; P is for Peace with Peace Quotes and Therapeutic Writing on
- The Key To A Peaceful Life Is A Quiet Mind – A to Z Inspirational Blog; Q is for Quiet with Quiet Quotes and Therapeutic Writing on
- Nourishing Your Mind And Everything Else Will Follow: A to Z Inspirational Blog; N is for Nourish with Nourish Quotes and Therapeutic Writing on
- Ways To Laugh More; A to Z Inspirational Blog; L is for Laughter with Laughter Quotes and Therapeutic Writing on
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- October 2016
- September 2016
- April 2016
- February 2016
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- January 2015
- November 2014
- October 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- September 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- July 2009
- May 2009
- December 2008