How To Be Your Most Radiant Self
I love the quote above by Jane Seymour. Think about this quote and think about someone you would describe as radiant.
Think about this person and ask yourself, what makes them radiant?
If you are thinking about the way they dress or how they look, then you are missing the point of radiance … because radiance comes from within.
Radiance is the person who smiles, laughs and brings energy with them that is infectious.
Often, radiance can be wiped from us due to everyday life getting in the way (that treadmill I talk about). From the 9-5 mundane job you are stuck in, to the busy schedule of family life. The only thing radiating from many people by the end of the day is tiredness.
So how can you become more radiant and spread that radiance to others?
Firstly, think about your life?
Is there something that drags you down?
Can you change this?
Sometimes we can’t. Sometimes we have to take a new perspective on the ‘thing’ that is affecting our radiance. Changing your thoughts to a situation can give you renewed energy.
Here’s a little exercise to get you started:
- Write down the things you can change: a quick change, or a change that will happen over a period of time.
- Write down a plan to how you can make these changes: writing down your thoughts, emotions and plans is a great way to become focused on the task at hand. If a certain change needs a long time-frame, write down the steps needed to make this change happen.
- Now, write down the things you can’t change, as much as you would like to, but you feel these things can’t be changed.
- Look at the things you can’t change and write down the positive aspects. Change the way you look at these things, think about how you could embrace them into your life, how can you view these things from a different perspective. This task may be hard, but you will be able to draw something from this. Learning to love whatever life throws at you, helps to release good energy rather than negative dull energy that will affect other areas of your life.
We often wake up on a morning, with all the tasks we’ve got to complete, things we’ve got to do … pulling ourselves from our bed, we then put ourselves on autopilot and make our way through the day. Sound familiar?
One of the best ways to start your day is with gratitude …
Before you get out of bed on a morning, think about the things you are grateful for in your life. Say thank-you aloud. If you can jump out of bed shouting ‘thank-you’ you’ll soon notice a difference in your mood … and people will soon notice your radiance.
Here are a few more tips on how you can become more radiant:
1. Practise mindfulness: You can practise mindfulness through meditation, or simply look through my blog, there are several blog posts that will help you practise mindfulness. From finding your quiet, to soothing your soul, plus there are plenty of therapeutic writing exercises.
2. Rise above your troubles: Life sometimes throws us a curveball, but often situations arise because they have a deeper meaning. The best way to do this, is to ask yourself: what am I learning from this situation? What can I be grateful for? How will this situation affect me in a year’s time? What can you do to make the situation better? Challenge yourself, fight your way through … get up every morning with a smile and a grateful heart and your radiance will shine through.
3. Connect with others: When you’re out and about smile at others. A smile, a friendly hello or a small interaction with someone who crosses your path during the day, can give you an energetic boost. Don’t underestimate the power of connecting with others to increase your mood, this will inevitably lead to you becoming more radiant.
Making a conscious effort to be more radiant by bringing all of the above together. This is sure to bring out a radiance that will shine onto others.
You can follow me on: