H is for Hello
Once again, there were so many words to choose from when it came to H: Happiness, Hope, Help … but today I’m going with Hello.
Now we could talk about saying, ‘Hello’ to new chapters in your life … here’s a few quotes for you! But keep reading, I’m talking today about physically saying hello!
I love all these quotes, if something isn’t right in your life or you feel the need to make a change, saying hello to something new could be exactly what you need.
However, today I’m talking about those simple words … saying, ‘Hello’.
I go walking with a friend who says hello to every single person we pass. I don’t mean a smile and a nod, she physically says, ‘morning,’ ‘afternoon,’ or ‘hello,’ to every single person. Her cheery voice lights up their faces, some reply with a cheery response, some smile and nod. When she started this, I said, ‘you’re in a good mood this morning!’ Because although we’re not rude, we smile and nod at people, but most of the time we’re in deep conversation. She told me she’d been reading an article and you never know what people are going through, and her cheery hello could actually make their day.
So now, no matter what is on my mind, when I’m out walking, even on my own with Daisy, our little cocker spaniel, I say hello to every single person I pass. I’ve always smiled at people, if I’m in shops or interacted with shop assistants, I’ve always thought that was enough, however, now I don’t just talk quietly and smile politely, I really make an effort to project my voice and ensure my warmness is reaching them. You can actually see people’s faces brighten. Why not give it a try. Even if you’re not in the mood to talk to anyone, in fact this is the best time to do it, as it’ll make you feel brighter. The more expressed hellos you give the better you’ll feel.
We also have a lovely dad at my girls school who is so jovially it’s infectious! A few times he’s turned up with a mega phone, shouting, ‘Good morning, everyone!’ And although this may be a bit extreme for you, his whole attitude on a morning, especially when parents are rushing to get their kids to school on time, any kind of drama could have happened before school, he instantly brightens up the morning.
So don’t wait for someone to say, ‘hello’ to you, be the person who makes their day!
If you’d like to hear more about my inspirational quotes, please click here www.victoria-brown.com and simply sign-up to my newsletter and receive a free copy of the 2015 Daily Inspirational Quotes and Weekly Tasks Book.
Thank you as always for visiting, wishing you lots of love.
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Express Yourself To Feel Alive – A to Z Inspirational Blog; X=Ex is for Express with Express Quotes and Therapeutic Writing
- Are You Willing Enough To Achieve Your Goals? – A to Z Inspirational Blog; W is for Willing with Willingness Quotes and Therapeutic Writing
- How To Concentrate On Your Victories, Not Your Defeats – A to Z Inspirational Blog; V is for Victory with Victorious Quotes and Therapeutic Writing
- How To Let Your Uniqueness Shine – A to Z Inspirational Blog; U is for Unique with Quotes on Uniqueness and Therapeutic Writing
- How To Start Thriving In Life – A to Z Inspirational Blog; T is for Thrive with Quotes on Thriving and Therapeutic Writing
- How To Ask Angels For Help – A to Z Inspirational Blog; A is for Angels with Angel Quotes and Therapeutic Writing on
- Inspirational Word of the Week: APPRECIATION – Top 10 Appreciation Quotes on
- Inspirational Words: How To Manifest Your Dreams Through Excitement on
- Inspirational Words: How to get what you want from the Universe on
- L is for ‘Law of Attraction’ on
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- October 2016
- September 2016
- April 2016
- February 2016
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- January 2015
- November 2014
- October 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- September 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- July 2009
- May 2009
- December 2008