Creative Writing – Help your child write their own story!
The Story Explorers Club is passionate about children writing their own story!
Whether they want to write a story or write to help them deal with their feelings, we’re hoping as The Story Explorers Club develops we can help children achieve this.
Usborne Books already have four books that help children write their own story, which you can see below.
Write your own story book – £7.99
- A fantastic write-in book that helps children learn to write their own stories.
- Includes lots of different writing activities including a fictional school journal, writing a comic strip, and forming a story around a picture.
- Packed with writing tips and a ‘storywriting toolkit’ to inspire budding authors.
- Concealed spiral binding that allows the book to open flat but doesn’t get in the way as you write.
Write and draw your own comics – £9.99
- Kapow! Boom! An awesome activity book for budding comic artists to imagine and draw their own comic strips.
- Simple step-by-step instructions, with lots of handy tips and hints, show children how to create graphic stories using all the devices employed in ‘real’ comics.
- Includes ideas for characters and storylines, sample comic strips and drawing tips.
- With stickers to add to comic strips for extra colour and detail.
Write your own adventure stories – £8.99
- A write-in activity book to help children plan, plot and write their own adventure stories.
- Each colourful page is full of inspiring ideas for writing thrilling adventure stories about explorers, spies, daring rescues, ghosts, aliens, heroes and villains and lots more.
- Fun activities such as creating a character and “what happens next?” help children to create characters, develop plot and stage all important action scenes, until they are racing through their own short stories.
My first story writing book – £7.99
- A colourful write-in book for young children, full of curious characters, unusual places and exciting ideas to help them write imaginative stories.
- This book takes children on a story-writing journey, showing them how to develop characters, plot the beginning, middle and end of a story and create dramatic twists.
- With fun activities for inspiration, including word games, ‘story mazes’ with ideas for plot twists and writing diary entries for characters, as well as tips on writing descriptively and using similes and metaphors.
- A fun and creative book that will spark inspiration and let children’s imaginations run wild.
If you would like to keep updated as The Story Explorers Club develops you can follow our facebook page or sign-up to our newsletter through www.victoria-brown.com, but to get your child started on writing their own story, these books are amazing!