Posted on April 29, 2016
Save over £77 on a brand new Picture Book Gift Set
(while stocks last – be quick if you’re interested!)
From classic fairy tales to favourite nursery rhymes, young readers are sure to love this brand new collection which has been presented in a sturdy slipcase.
Follow Cinderella’s carriage as she heads to the Royal Ball, climb an enormous beanstalk with Jack, explore the curious happenings in Wonderland, ‘mess about on the river’ with Ratty, Mole and Mr Toad… who would have known that one collection of books could take you on so many adventures?
Now available for just £21.99 (RRP £99.80), this gift set features 20 much-loved Usborne Picture Books:
Anne of Green Gables
Jack and the Beanstalk
The Town Mouse and the Country Mouse
The Enormous Turnip
The Tinder Box
The Reluctant Dragon
Old MacDonald had a Farm
Little Red Riding Hood
Goldilocks and the Three Bears
The Magic Porridge Pot
The Gingerbread Man
Alice in Wonderland
The Owl and the Pussycat
The Wind in the Willows
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
The Three Little Pigs
How do I order?
You can email me on: firstname.lastname@example.org, with your contact details and I will get back to you.
You can purchase directly through my website: http://org.usbornebooksathome.co.uk/storyexplorers
Please note – this special offer is not available in France, Italy or Spain due to their fixed book price policy restrictions.
Posted on February 1, 2016
Posted on October 30, 2015
The latest Primary Times editorial … have you entered yet?
Posted on October 4, 2015
I’m a total sucker for a good card! I’m one of those people who stands in the shop reading each verse, making sure it says what I want it to say, and when I receive a card, yes the words mean the world to me!
So when I found out that Usborne had created cards to colour and decorate I was in my element. I know they don’t have versus, but imagine receiving a card from a child who has taken the time to colour it in just for you! Their little hearts really putting the effort into making you something special. We’ll definitely be sending these out this year!
The other option is to let your little one send a blank card to their friends. It will be such a novelty for children receiving the card to colour-in themselves!
Usborne have a fab range of colour-in cards; birthday cards, thank you cards, notecards and much more!
See page 120 of the catalogue to view their fab range
Please get in touch if you have any questions xx
Posted on October 3, 2015
The Story Explorers Club is passionate about children writing their own story!
Whether they want to write a story or write to help them deal with their feelings, we’re hoping as The Story Explorers Club develops we can help children achieve this.
Usborne Books already have four books that help children write their own story, which you can see below.
Write your own story book – £7.99
- A fantastic write-in book that helps children learn to write their own stories.
- Includes lots of different writing activities including a fictional school journal, writing a comic strip, and forming a story around a picture.
- Packed with writing tips and a ‘storywriting toolkit’ to inspire budding authors.
- Concealed spiral binding that allows the book to open flat but doesn’t get in the way as you write.
Write and draw your own comics – £9.99
- Kapow! Boom! An awesome activity book for budding comic artists to imagine and draw their own comic strips.
- Simple step-by-step instructions, with lots of handy tips and hints, show children how to create graphic stories using all the devices employed in ‘real’ comics.
- Includes ideas for characters and storylines, sample comic strips and drawing tips.
- With stickers to add to comic strips for extra colour and detail.
Write your own adventure stories – £8.99
- A write-in activity book to help children plan, plot and write their own adventure stories.
- Each colourful page is full of inspiring ideas for writing thrilling adventure stories about explorers, spies, daring rescues, ghosts, aliens, heroes and villains and lots more.
- Fun activities such as creating a character and “what happens next?” help children to create characters, develop plot and stage all important action scenes, until they are racing through their own short stories.
My first story writing book – £7.99
- A colourful write-in book for young children, full of curious characters, unusual places and exciting ideas to help them write imaginative stories.
- This book takes children on a story-writing journey, showing them how to develop characters, plot the beginning, middle and end of a story and create dramatic twists.
- With fun activities for inspiration, including word games, ‘story mazes’ with ideas for plot twists and writing diary entries for characters, as well as tips on writing descriptively and using similes and metaphors.
- A fun and creative book that will spark inspiration and let children’s imaginations run wild.
If you would like to keep updated as The Story Explorers Club develops you can follow our facebook page or sign-up to our newsletter through www.victoria-brown.com, but to get your child started on writing their own story, these books are amazing!
Posted on October 3, 2015
Usborne is well regarded as a market leader within the children’s publishing industry and each year they are looking for innovative new ideas that will excite children and adults alike.
These are just a few of the amazing points about Usborne Books:
Books that can be used in a variety of different ways at different ages.
Books which are bookbanded. Many schools band books by colour to help children choose the right books for their reading ability. A selection of Usborne titles have been assessed for banding.
Confidence/Self Esteem Building
Books that are reusable so practice can take place to improve. Also books with step-by-step instructions for inspiring and achievable results.
Books with links to the national curriculum. The national curriculum is a set of subjects and standards used by primary and secondary schools in the UK, so children learn the same things.
Double Page Spread
Books that can be opened anywhere onto a double page spread, allowing the reader to delve straight in. “Dip in & out” is good for developing confidence and reluctant readers.
Books which could be suitable for the “English as a Second Language” customers.
Fine Motor Skills Development
Books that encourage the coordination of small muscle movements – usually involving the synchronization of hands and fingers – with the eyes. Fine motor skills aid in the growth of intelligence.
High Interest/Low Ability
Books with high picture to word ratio. Short, accessible sections of text on appealing and relevant subjects.
Learning by Stealth
Books where children are learning through and fun and engaging ways.
Books with a mix of font/text (e.g. a comic strip). Invaluable for readers uninterested in conventional fiction.
Books that enable children to use more than one sense to learn (sight/hearing/ touch/movement).
Books with problem solving concepts not framed in words e.g. spot the difference.
Pre-Reading Skill Development
Books with pre-reading skills development. These are the skills children need in order to help them to become a reader, such as vocabulary development, matching, rhyming and letter skills.
Books which could be suitable for children who may feel less confident or are “turned” off by books.
Books which could be suitable for children with Special Educational Needs.
Books which support problem solving using concepts framed in words.
So hopefully you can see from this information why I’m so excited about Usborne Books!
Remember, if there’s something you’re looking for and not quite sure which book to choose …
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch through facebook or send me an email: email@example.com and I will do my very best to help you find what you are looking for 🙂
Posted on October 3, 2015
At birth, your baby sees only in black and white and shades of gray.
Click on the link above to find out more about how a baby’s sight develops.
Usborne publishing have developed a range of baby books that will help to stimulate their tiny minds.
Here’s two of my favourite box sets for babies:
- A stylishly designed gift set of four books from the popular Baby’s Very First Black and White series: Animals, Going Out, Babies and Faces.
- Each book features high-contrast black and white illustrations, specially designed for babies to focus on.
- With thick board pages, these books are perfect for sharing or can be propped up for babies to look at.
- An attractive and longlasting gift for a new baby that will help in their development.
Baby’s very first black and white little library – £4.99
- A delightful mini boxed set containing four titles from the popular Baby’s Very First Black & White series: Animals, Going Out, Babies and Faces.
- Each book features high-contrast black and white illustrations specially designed for babies to focus on.
- With thick board pages, the books are perfect for sharing or can be propped up for babies to see by themselves.
- A lovely little library of first books which makes an ideal gift.
If you look on pages 9-11 of the catalogue you’ll find a range of books for babies; a collection of black & white books, touchy-feeling books, noisy books and so much more …
Usborne have definitely got it right when it comes to designing books for birth +
Get in touch if you’re interested in any of the baby books 🙂
Posted on October 3, 2015
So it’s Saturday morning and if you’re still in bed by 8am, you’re lucky 🙂
Parents across the country have had their kids poking their eyes, picking their noses or twisting their lips. Kids have pleaded, begged, shouted, bounced on beds to shoehorn their parents out of bed! Mine this morning was, ‘I’m hhhhuuunnnngggggrrryyyy’. If my 6 year-old didn’t get fed at 6.32am, she would starve to death!!!
Gone are the days when our Saturday mornings were about chilling until the sunrise had reached its peak!
No … if your weekends are like mine, they usually consist of my girls attempting to make breakfast which ends with the kitchen looking like it’s been ramsacked. Then there are the sounds of what could be the start of a World War as they tackle whose turn it is to hold the remote & whose turn it is to watch their favourite programme … and if that’s not enough to start your day, it’s usually a rushed job to get everyone out of the house for activites, clubs or parties!!
Well, I’m not saying the below could stop the above … but where there’s a will, there’s a way! (Although after this morning, it’s pity the activity books are not edible 🙂 )
Usborne has a wide range of activity books for kids of all ages …
From page 104 of the catalogue, you’ll find a range of activity, puzzle & sticker books.
My girls absolutely love the Sticker Dolly Books, there’s a special offer on one of their mini packs …
Four Mini Sticker Dolly Dressing books, including Best Friends, Dream Jobs, Ice Skaters and Shopping, all in a stylish, colourful carry case only £7.99 (usually £12.99). Perfect for birthday presents, stocking fillers or as a reward for good behaviour!
There’s full size books available on page 128. But if you want to make learning interesting you can also find sticker books on ‘build your own …’ (pg 22), ‘Information Sticker Books’ (pg 23) and ‘Historical Sticker Books’ (pg 127).
If your children are younger, explore pages 30-35, plenty of fab stickers for the little ones!
Here’s a few more activity sets that are on offer:
Get in touch if you have any questions 🙂
Happy Browsing 🙂
Posted on October 2, 2015
Did you realise that a third of parents never read to their kids before bed?
The article I found this information from also states that child psychologist, Dr. Richard Woolfson stresses that storytime before bed can benefit everyone.
(This was taken from http://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/family/reading-your-children-5-top-5145974)
So fancy following some Dr. Richard Woolfson’s tips?
Well, there’s some fab special offers on some awesome bedtime books, see below! (Only until stock lasts)
Don’t hesitate to get in touch if you’re interested in these collections!
You can also view some other bedtime stories in the online catalogue:
Page 9 – Baby’s very first bedtime book
Page 14 – Baby’s Bedtime Books (Age 1 years+)
Page 28 – Read-aloud Bedtime Collections
Page 71, 74 & 75 – Have some beautiful bedtime story giftsets
If you can’t access the online catalogue, get in touch and I’ll be happy to send it to you.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or send a message through ‘The Story Explorers Club’ facebook page 🙂
Hope you find the perfect bedtime read
Posted on October 2, 2015
Usborne Publishing are always searching for innovative and exciting projects and every month they bring out some new titles!
Look at what is going on this month!
If you’d like to know more about any of the books in the pictures below, just send me a message and I’ll send you the details.
There’s too much choice … I love them all!
Interested in any of the above? Simply send me a message I’ll send you a description of the book 🙂
Thanks lots for reading